Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Beginning

A dear friend created this blog site for me so the world can hear my voice. Wow, I hope I have something worth saying. I must admit that I am excited to step out of my comfort zone and learn how to blog.

When my friend notified me that she had created this site she said, “Get it? The couch? Social worker?” I am thrilled with the concept, her creativeness, her kindness, and especially, the most superior spectacular couch.

Yes, I am a social worker and I absolutely love the couch!!

The greatest part about this couch is that it is bright, inviting, and it seems to be bringing such JOY to the person “using” the couch. I desire to help people rediscover happiness and joy in their lives. In fact, I hope those who allow me to accompany them on their journey through life will discover many reasons to jump for joy.

A little vague information about me.

I graduated from the University of Utah MSW (Master of Social Work) program last year. I have passed my licensure test, and I am now accumulating the hours required for my “L” in LCSW.

I am a therapist with an incarcerated women’s addiction program, and I am learning much about the jail lifestyle, like food, make-up, hopes, dreams, and challenges. I have a great deal of empathy, compassion, and hope for the women I work with; however, it is balanced by a huge dose of realism.

There are days I wished life was a little more fair and lot less complicated. My work teaches me to be grateful for what I have; less judgmental about people and situations; the need to work hard and play hard; and how much I appreciate those who touch my life for good.

Thank you, you are appreciated and loved more than you may ever know.

3 comments:

  1. Great start. Now I would recommend that you go out and read other blogs and start building a readership. You DO have things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great couch! I'd spend some time there.

    I look forward to seeing your blog take form. I've enjoyed hearing what you've said so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! AND couch :) I love it. You're truly an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete